Terms & Conditions
The Designer Glasses Boutique TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
Any Order and subsequent purchase of Goods (as defined below) or services from Designer Glasses Boutique shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
In these Conditions:
"Designer Glasses Boutique" is the trading name for The Glasses Specialist Limited, trading on the internet at www.designerglassesboutique.co.uk. "We" / "Us" / "Our" refers to Designer Glasses Boutique, "You" / "Yours" refers to the Customer UK company number: 018-952116. Registered and trading office: 12 Moor Lane, Clitheroe, BB7 1BE.
1. Customer Obligations
1. By submitting your order to Designer Glasses Boutique you confirm:
2. You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or partially sighted;
3. You are in possession of a written prescription for your spectacles that has been given to you by a suitably qualified person in the last 24 months (or 12 months if you are aged 70 or over); and
4. You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
2. Orders for Goods
1. Orders to Designer Glasses Boutique must be submitted either via the web at www.designerglassesboutique.co.uk, by telephone.
2. Submission of an Order represents an offer to purchase Goods from Designer Glasses Boutique, and we may confirm receipt of this offer via email (if the Order is placed via the Site) or verbally (if the Order is placed via telephone).
3. Prescription Glasses orders are only accepted by us once your payment has been processed and they have been reviewed and authorised by us. In the case of the non prescription goods, your order is accepted once the required payment has been accepted or when the relevant goods are shipped, whichever occurs first. We will confirm acceptance of your Order via email or verbally.
4. Colour Disclaimer. Actual colours may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that everyone sees these colours differently. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product
3. Limitations of Supply
1. We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you, your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
2. On the advice of our Optician, we have absolute discretion as to whether or not to accept your Order.
3. If considered necessary or appropriate before an Order is accepted, Designer Glasses Boutique Opticians have absolute discretion:
1. to contact you to discuss your Order
2. to request that you send us a copy of your written prescription;
3. to contact directly, or request that you contact, the optician who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription;
4. to request that you obtain your pupillary distance measurement from your optician; or
5. request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optician.
4. Prices and Payment
1. Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by Designer Glasses Boutique.
2. We will use best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated on the Site.
3. However we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, we shall review your Order and will notify you of the error. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
5. Delivery and Carriage
1. We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order.
2. You will be notified by email at the time your Goods are dispatched and we shall give you your tracking number.
3. Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you placed your Order.
4. Delivery can be made to a work address, items are considered delivered to you once signed for at your business premises. There are no exceptions to this, otherwise you should have delivery sent to your home address.
5. If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
6. For UK deliveries goods cannot be classified as missing in the post until fifteen working days have passed since the day of posting. We cannot take any action during this period, but will immediately make enquiries and re-send orders if delivery has not been made following the 15 working day period. International orders are generally sent via Royal Mail International Signed For and are usually delivered within a week but can take up to 28 days due to delays at customs. Most orders require a signature. If 28 days or more have passed and your order has not been received, please contact us to inform them of the delay. We would then have to launch an international track and enquiry, and as soon as we have the results we could resend accordingly.
7. We cannot be held responsible for failed deliveries, either due to an incorrect address or unavailability of a signature on delivery. If goods are returned to us for these reasons we can re-charge for postage and handling, or deduct the shipping costs from the purchase cost if a refund is requested.
8. All Import Duties and Taxes are the responsibility of the customer. Duties will be assessed by the importing country based on current laws governing imports.
6. Returns (of Goods)
1. None prescription eyewear comes with a refund guarantee and a 14-day return policy. You must notify us within 7 days of receiving your goods if there is fault or damage to your product(s). If returning items, the product(s) needs to reach us with 14 days from the date of dispatch printed on your dispatch note/invoice. Returns must be in original condition and with all accessories (e.g. cloths, cases, etc.) please include a covering letter stating the reason for your return. All refunds will be made via the same method of payment.
2. We are able to accept prescription glasses for refund/exchanges, however the cost of the lenses and postage return fees will not be refunded. As the prescription lenses are custom made we are unable to refund the fee for these.
1.5 index lenses are valued at £9.95, if you have purchased glasses with free lenses we shall refund you the cost of the frame minus the value of the lenses (£9.95) and the postage.
In the event of a return where the product is unsuitable, we are able to refund the cost of the glasses minus the delivery cost. The amount of the original postage is as follows:
UK Recorded Delivery £4.00
International Delivery £15.00
Please note that orders of 2 or more glasses are counted as a bulk order. If you wish to return 2 or more glasses to us you will be charged £8.00 for postage and administration fees.
3. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the items reach us in a saleable condition and to cover return postage and insurance costs
4. All items need to be returned via post with a covering letter to:
We recommend returning your goods via a courier or Royal Mail service that requires a signature, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. Please ensure that the return package is wrapped securely to avoid any damage. We are unable to take responsibility for packages lost in the post.
If returning from OUTSIDE the EU please DO NOT USE COURIER SERVICES as there will be excessive clearance fees, we will either refuse delivery or charge the fees back to you. You must ensure the value on the parcel is listed as “ZERO” and you CLEARLY write "RETURNED GOODS" on the customs form and parcel itself as we will not accept parcels that incur duty charges.
7. Reglaze Service
1. Designer Glasses Boutique offers a reglazing service, which allows you to keep your existing glasses but have them fitted with new prescription lenses. Every effort will be taken to ensure that your glasses are returned to you in a satisfactory condition but reglazing can entail some risk to the frames, as the quality and condition cannot be guaranteed prior to reglazing. Should the frame be deemed unfit for reglazing, Designer Glasses Boutique will contact you and any payment will be refunded.
2. Due to the delicate nature of the reglazing process, Designer Glasses Boutique cannot guarantee to return original lenses if broken or damaged during production.
3. In the unlikely event any damage is caused during reglazing Designer Glasses Boutique cannot be held responsible. Designer Glasses Boutique will not accept liability in the unlikely event that a customer's own frame is damaged during the glazing process or is lost in the post. Sending a frame for reglaze, is at the customers own risk.
8. Copyright and Trademarks
1. The Site's design, names, text, images, graphics, logo are all owned by, or licensed to, Designer Glasses Boutique. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed consent of Designer Glasses Boutique
2. The "Designer Glasses Boutique" name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior consent of Designer Glasses Boutique